Volunteer with us
Volunteering is a great way to show your passion for nature and make a positive difference to our beautiful environment and rich heritage. Inspiring volunteer opportunities are available in many NSW national parks, nature reserves and state conservation areas.
Read more about Volunteer with us
Our national parks benefit enormously from the generous time and dedication of thousands of volunteers each year. Volunteering gives you the opportunity to help conserve our environment and heritage for generations to come, and to enjoy the great outdoors.
As a volunteer with NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) you'll:
- Enjoy an unforgettable experience in some of Australia's finest nature locations
- Help care for Australian animals and Australian native plants
- Help with volunteer projects like archaeological excavations, bush regeneration, historic heritage and tour guiding.
- Work with Aboriginal rangers and develop your understanding of Aboriginal culture and traditions
- Develop new skills and learn about life in the bush from park rangers
- Make like-minded friends